Wednesday, December 26, 2012

SNOOZE (Revisited)

It was great to be home for the holidays.  A week or two week extension would have been nice but of course life back in Cali had to resume sometime or another.


Putting aside time to get together with people was hard to manage since it seemed like the days had zipped by so quickly, but I was able to see some of my oldest and bestest friends while I was back home.  It seemed like we never grew up.  To this day it amazes me at how much we've grown so much these past few years.  On my last day in Denver, me and my girlfriends had brunch at Snooze.  This is actually my second post about it but feel free to read about my review the first time I've ever had it by clicking here!


The great thing about eating with friends is that everyone can order something different and try individual dishes without spending a whole lot.  Me and my friends ended up ordering the pancake of the day to share--buttermilk pancakes with chocolate chips and a creamy pineapple frosting on top with coconut shavings on the side to accommodate the girls who dislike the coconut flavor.  Personally, the coconut complimented the pineapple; the chocolate chips complimented the buttermilk taste.  Snooze definitely has perfected their art of making pancakes!  Yummy!


My dish, the Harvest Hash "welcome(s) fall with a hearty hash of butternut squash, gala apples, red chard, leeks and parsnips served atop roasted garlic Ciabatta with poached eggs, cream cheese hollandaise and friend capers."  Couldn't have said it any better myself.  I thought the apples and the squash were pretty tasteless and the Ciabatta bread a bit soggy since everything is so moisture and wet.  I usually like my breads pretty toasty and crunchy and so when it gets all soggy, it's not really appealing perhaps the sole reason why this entree was just okay to me.  I'd rather get the Upstream Benny which is no longer on their menu or the Breakfast Pot Pie (quite appetizing to say the least)!

In addition to the few locations that they have in Colorado, Snooze has opened a restaurant out around the Hillcrest neighborhood in San Diego, California. 

<3 Lina Chen

700 N. Colorado Blvd, Denver, CO 80206
303.736.6200  www.snoozeeater.com

No comments:

Post a Comment