Sunday, March 17, 2013

Frosting: Art of Cookie Decorating!

Ladies and gentlemen, I think I have found a new hobby!  Last night was my very first time decorating and frosting sugar cookies and guess what?  IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!  It takes up a lot of time and effort but the process of mixing ingredients, cutting the cookies individually from a template, making the frosting, and decorating is rewarding after seeing it all come together!  Only disappointment is how disgusting the frosting tastes.  Might need to work on that a bit...

Honestly, I think things are much more fun when they are spontaneous and unplanned.  Cookie decorating didn't come across our minds until about 8 or 9 in the evening.  Although it was fairly late, we decided to try a new chicken recipe AND bake/decorate sugar cookies.  I suggested postponing it since it was too late, but I'm happier that we didn't.  Being able to make memories is important to me and this is something that I will never ever forget.  Thanks Lisa!

And the results are in!





What do you think?  Cute right?

<3  Lina Chen

2 comments:

  1. Love the ice cream design for the cookies! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the cookie cutters from?

    Just so you don't think I'm a creeper, I came across your blog from Yelp by the way, since we're friends on Yelp hahaha :3 I just wanted to leave a comment for a fellow food lover/blogger :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiffany!

      No, I don't think you are a creeper at all! If anything, I've gained a friend :) My friend and I actually used this image (http://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/5444296/il_fullxfull.171330909.jpg) and traced it onto a piece of paper and then placed that paper on paper that was stiffer so that it wasn't too flimsy.

      Then with a knife without jagged edges, we traced it along the flat surface of the dough. :) Hope that helped! Let me know if you have any other questions!

      Delete