Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Banana and Strawberry Baked Oatmeal Casserole

If you haven't noticed on my Instagram or my Twitter account, I've been experimenting a lot lately with cooking and baking.  Not sure what it is but my inner Martha Stewart seems to have this desire to learn and try something new, even if I have this gut feeling, deep down inside telling me that whatever I am making won't be appetizing at all.  I think the sudden urge to throw and mix random fruits and seasonings in a bowl and hoping for the better is what excites me.  What's even better is knowing that what I've made actually is edible and worthy for anyone who dares to try it!

With that being said, I'm happy to say that the banana and strawberry baked oatmeal casserole that I made last night was actually satisfying.  So far I've gotten the approval from two very important people in my life.  The casserole might have turned out a bit dark and mushy-looking, but once you take a bite of it, it's actually not that bad.
Now that you've seen some of my photos, it's your turn to try this recipe out yourself!

What you will need:
  • 1 Cup Walnuts
  • 2 Cups Milk
  • 2 Ripe Bananas
  •  2 Cups Rolled Oats
  • 1 Large Egg or 2 Small Eggs
  • 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1/3 (Brown) Sugar
  • 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter
  • 2 Cups of Chocolate Chips
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
  • 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 2 Cups of Strawberries - Any berries can be used for this recipe!



First things first, go ahead and preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.  Then spray the interior of a baking dish with a cooking spray.  This will help prevent your dish from sticking to the cooking dish itself.




Then mix the walnuts, rolled oats, chocolate chips, sugar, salt, strawberries, and the baking powder in a large mixing bowl and then place it in your baking dish.  With the thinly sliced banana pieces, place them on top of the mixture and evenly distribute them by leaving some space in between.

In a separate bowl whisk the milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and the melted butter until it becomes a unified yellowish color.  Then gently pour it in your baking dish and gently move the baking dish in a back and forth motion to evenly distribute the liquid.

Finally place it in the oven and wait for about 50 minutes or until the top looks golden brown.  If you want the dish a little bit sweeter, feel free to sprinkle on some brown sugar and serve!

Thanks you Inspired Taste for posting the recipe.

So I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did!

Bon appetite!


<3 Lina Chen

2 comments:

  1. Oh my lawd, this looks delicious. DELICIOUS I SAY. o___o <3 Thanks for this post, definitely going to try this out!

    Would you like to follow each other on Blogloving/GFC? Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying cooking and the delicious results are a great way to kill winter time!:) and this meal looks yummy!

    Zhuo
    http://staybeautifulforyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete