Friday, September 14, 2012

Ojiya Udon

Just last night I had the chance to catch up with Ruby's, my boyfriend's cousin, post-marriage life.  You can read about her wedding here if you are interested in reading my opinion about her wedding!

Originally she had recommended me to go to a Japanese curry place in Rowland Heights but after catching a nasty bug, I wasn't feeling up for it.  Instead I had asked her if she wouldn't mind getting some Pho or sushi.  We went with the latter.

I was all up for sushi until I looked at the menu and realized perhaps today isn't a good day to eat something raw while being sick.  There was no use in changing locations since this place was popular.

We both sat down and after looking over the menu, Ruby suggested me to get something warm and soothing for my sore throat; I'm glad that I did.  I ordered the Nabeyaki Udon.  At first I was hesitant to even order the dish since to me, udon is so-so, but it was much needed.    The soup was a bit more on the saltier side, but what do you expect from a soy sauce based broth.  The noodles were squishy and slurpy--even better!  Not sure why but the fatter the noodles, the more slurping sound I like to make, but I made sure I didn't make too much sound.


I did get a chance to try a piece of Ruby's spicy tuna and it was remarkable.  Very fresh and it was spicy enough not to burn the back of my throat.  I think overall, I would go here for the sushi more-so than I would for the udon, but like I said, udon isn't "my" thing. 


I must apologize for the poor quality of the image above.  I had forgotten my camera and my camera phone quality doesn't truly depict the delightful dessert we had last night: the black sesame cream puff.  This cream puff was nice and cold in the middle as if there was ice cream, but not ice cream.  So every bite you take, there is a sense of tingling feeling of coldness that runs from your gums all the way to the back of your tongue.  It was goooooood.  Not too sweet, but tasty enough to just call it good for the evening.

I would recommend this place to those who are around the Chino Hills area.  It didn't necessarily leave a memorable feeling or a place I'd highly recommend, but if you need your sushi fix, then go for it.

<3  Lina Chen

 4183 Chino Hills Pkwy, Chino Hills, CA 91709
909.606.8638.  www.ojiyausa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment