Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Brunch @ Sweet Maple

Today I decided to go to Burma, a restaurant that served Burmese dishes, recommended by my good friend Kelsey.  Unfortunately, I accidentally typed in the wrong address on my GPS (good job Lina) and ended up at Sweet Maple (another restaurant Kelsey recommended) instead.  I decided to stick around since 1.  driving around downtown San Francisco is a nightmare, 2.  finding a parking spot is difficult, and 3.  I already paid for parking.


Why I wasn't too excited for Sweet Maple:

Breakfast foods do me no good.  Honestly, breakfast isn't my thing.  Even though it's the most important meal of the day, I usually skip it.  I don't like eggs because they get me a bit on the gassy side.  I'm not lactose intolerant but I might as well be if I can't handle a glass of milk (unless if it's complimented with dessert).  French toast and pancakes can be too sweet and bacon...well bacon is probably my favorite breakfast foods, but even then it's a little greasy to start the day.

HOWEVER, I'm glad I decided to try this place out.  I ordered the Norwegian Eggs Benedict which consisted of smoked salmon sandwiched between an English muffin and a poached egg smothered in their specialty Hollandaise sauce.  The salmon was nicely complimented with capers and spinach.  Every ingredient used in this dish tasted unbelievably good especially since I'm not a breakfast lover.  The spinach was a little slimy, but, you soon forget about that ooey-gooey feeling after taking a bite.

The dish came along with a medley of roasted potatoes.  For me, the crispier the potatoes, the better.  Unfortunately, some of the chunks on my plate were big and tasted a bit mushy and uncooked.  The smaller pieces had more flavor too since the seasoning complimented the potatoes and not the other way around; which I wasn't a big fan of.


When the dish itself came out, it was nicely presented so I give this place an B+ for taste, A for presentation, and a B+ for the atmosphere.  It's a lovely place for brunch and/or take time to enjoy the day by yourself.

<3 Lina Chen

2101 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA 94115
415.655.9169.   www.sweetmaplesf.com

No comments:

Post a Comment