Thursday, November 29, 2012

Humphry Slocombe: Ice Cream with Attitude


After writing my review on The Stinking Rose, I couldn't help but to think about the garlic ice cream. I have a pretty sweet tooth and I'm constantly craving for chocolates, cookies, candies, cupcakes, and just about anything that's sugary.  Actually just cold, icy, creamy, sweet and savory treats.  I've been wanting froyo, ice cream, and shaved ice for the longest time...I just like the slushy texture that slowly melts as it sits on the surface of my tongue.  Yummy!

Garlic ice cream is uncommon but so are the flavors that the Humphry Slocombe ice cream shop serves.  Located in the Mission District of San Francisco lies an ordinary-looking ice cream shop with extraordinary, creative flavors.

Honestly I don't think all of the flavors are all that great.  It can be a bit too sweet but there are some that I liked.  The one that the shop recommended was the Secret Breakfast.  Bourbon and cornflakes in ice cream?  Sure, why not!  I have to admit that was an interesting combination, but it worked very well together.  Apparently there's multiple Yelpers who feel the same. Their Chocolate with Smoked Sea Salt was on the not-so-good side.  The purpose of the sea salt is to help contrast the chocolaty flavor, sort of like adding salt onto the watermelon to make it sweeter; however, it didn't seem that way.  Thankfully I was able to sample the various flavors before actually going with this flavor.  Remember I love chocolate and that would have been a big mistake!  They also had the Blue Bottle Vietnamese Coffee, which was very, very strong.  So if you drink coffee on a daily basis, this might be the flavor for you.  I ended up getting the Roasted White Chocolate Lavender.  It wasn't my favorite because it was a little too sweet for me. 

Some other flavors they had were the...
-  Basil Lime Sorbet
-  Brown Sugar Fennel
-  Jesus Juice (Wine and Coke)
-  Peanut Butter Curry
-  Carrot Mango
-  Government Cheese
-  Hibiscus Beet
-  Black Sesame
- McEvoy Ranch Olive Oil
- Rosemary's Baby
-  Salt-N-Peppa
and much more...


A special thank you to Lena for recommending me to try this place or else I would have not been able to experience the unique flavors that Humphry Slocombe offers.  Ice cream with attitude.

<3 Lina Chen

2790 Harrison St., San Francisco, CA 94110
415.550.6971.    www.humphryslocombe.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment